When I was in school, not too long ago, laptops were pretty expensive. They were huge, heavy, didn’t last more than 3 hours. I also hear from many people that their laptopsare not durable. Most say the life of their laptops is about 1 year…maybe 2. That’s why I buy business laptops.
- The build quality is better. It has to stand all that traveling and abuse.
- The warranty is usually longer than consumer laptops.
- You won’t need a new one in a couple of years.
- They more expensive. But it’ll last longer.
- They not very visually appealing. It’s a computer, not an accessory.
Here are 3 recommendations for three different students.
1. Take notes, surf the web, emails, writing papers, music, youtube, and very portable 9 inch screen.
The Asus Eee 901 will do the job. It’s just about $550 everywhere. Click here to get Free Shipping on this product from Buy.com.
2. I want the same thing as #1 but a little faster with a bigger screen.
I recommend the Lenovo Thinkpad X61s. It has a 12.1 inch screen and the Lenovo Thinkpad legendary build quality. This cost $1,165.99. It more expensive but will last a while. My 4 year old Thinkpad is still my daily computer. Click here to get Free Shipping on this laptop at Buy.com
3. I want to play games on my computer.
To me, gaming on a laptop is the toughest thing you can do to a laptop. To play games, the computer has to work very hard. The Acer TravelMate 5720-6370 has an Intel Core 2 Duo T9300 and an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400 HT Video Card. This will cost you $1,315 and Free Shipping at Buy.com. The downside of this system is that it will get hot and the battery won’t last longer than 3 hours.